Starburst is a watermelon-type radish,characterized by a bright red interior and a white/green exterior. Expect maturity in about 60 days, depending on day length and temperatures. Performance will be best in most areas if seeds are planted in early spring or fall. Mature roots are tangerine sized with upright bright green foliage. Use to dress up salads or slaws or
pickle them to preserve.
• Beautiful bright red interior
• Early spring or fall crop
• Ideal for specialty markets
- Cool season annual
- Approx. 200 seeds in packet. (A seed will vary in weight and size within a given seed lot. The number of seeds stated is only an estimate.)
- Maturity: Approx. 60-70 days
- Planting season: Late summer to early fall
Buy seed packets
Seed packets for this variety are currently unavailable.
Buy in bulk
Available in 0.25-lb increments, minimum 0.25 lb.
|For additional bulk purchasing options...
Cultivation: Prepare fertile, well-drained soil. Sow seeds in early spring and late summer/fall in a sunny location. Keep soil moist. Fertilize as needed.
Please note: Maturity, adaptability and disease tolerance may differ under your specific climate and/or growing conditions.
Culinary tips: Good for salad, pickling and cooking. In Northern China, this radish is carved into attractive flower shapes for garnish.