Brassica campestris Narinosa group
One of several hybrids of Komatsuna and Tatsoi, this uniform, easy to grow hardy green has round thick leaves and an upright habit. It has a sweet flavor when raw which becomes more robust when cooked. High heat tolerance. Downy Mildew and White Rust resistant. Grow all year round in moderate climates. Also excellent as baby leaf.
- Warm & cool season annual
- Approx. 300-400 seeds in packet. (A seed will vary in weight and size within a given seed lot. The number of seeds stated is only an estimate.)
- 191,000 seed count per pound.
- Maturity: Approx. 25 days
- Planting season: Late spring-early summer or late summer-early fall
Buy in bulk
Available in 0.25-lb increments, minimum 0.25 lb.
|For additional bulk purchasing options...
Cultivation: Prepare fertile, well-drained soil. Sow seeds in late spring/early summer after last frost and throughout mild temperature summers or late summer to early fall. Sow every 2 weeks for continuous harvest. Keep soil moist. Fertilize as needed.
Please note: Maturity, adaptability and disease tolerance may differ under your specific climate and/or growing conditions.
Culinary tips: Excellent for salads, tsukemono (Japanese pickles), stir fry, and many styles of Japanese and Chinese cooking. Prepare as you would any leafy green.